Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Old Broads Waxing Poetic Cast: Tuesday

http://emptynestinsider.blogspot.com/2014/09/favorite-old-broadfest.html

In honor of the Old Broads Waxing Poetic book launch  www.amazon.com/dp/1500642800
I am featuring the poets this week.

Tuesday welcomes Julie Kemp Pick. She's one of the co-compilers and partners in crime with Susan Flett Swiderski. I've enjoyed meeting her through Susan, exchanging emails, and now reading her blog.

Her poems exude gusto, humor, and a dash of self-deprecation. She's juggling a lot and kept crazy old broad poets in line - that can be like herding cats.  Please enjoy her writing on the blog link above, and have a good chuckle with her poems in the Old Broads collection.

5 comments:

  1. She's a going concern, this gal....I've been following her for quite some time. Always something new and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Julie's blog and look forward to reading her poems in the Old Broads book. I'm grateful to her for helping to make this book happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie's like my sister from another mother... and father... and decade... and... Never mind. Maybe I just WISH she were my sister. She's a joy to know, and we never fail to laugh ourselves silly whenever we talk. This book was HER idea, and HER dream. I'm so glad we were all able to work together to make it such a beautiful reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been called many things in my life, but this is the first time I've been referred to as a "cat-herder!" Thank you all so much for your kind words, and for being an absolute pleasure to work with. As Susan said, you've all made my dream come true. If I were left to my own devices, I'd only have about a handful of silly poems, and still be trying to copy and paste the whole book together! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess if Julie is the cat-herder, we're the cats!!! Oh my. I really appreciate what you are doing with these posts, Joanne. Yea Julie, for making this book happen. Oh Amazon, get moving and send me my copy. So looking forward to read all of you talented folks! Oh, I mean "Broads!"

    ReplyDelete