Saturday, July 12, 2014

July Junque: Day 12 is Snowpiercer

July junque - explore new material. For me - a graphic novel
I've been reading stellar reviews and plan to see the movie Snowpiercer. However, the blurbs aroused my curiosity, since the movie is based on a graphic novel. I've never been a big comic book person, but I've heard that the artwork and stories in the graphic novel genre are often quite clever and nuanced. Thus, I purchased Snowpiercer 1:The Escape and I was impressed. It is a page-turner and tells a gripping tale.

Here's the back cover blurb: Coursing through an eternal winter, on an icy track wrapped around the frozen planet Earth, there travels a train that never stops. This is Snowpiercer: one thousand and one carriages long.

Surviving humanity lives here in a similar hierarchy to earth. The elite travel in the front car luxury. The back cars are squalid and miserable. Will Proloff, our hero, be able to move forward and reach the engine?  Is there a battle? What does he find for his future?

Quite a tale told in stunning detail. Something different for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment