Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A to Z Challenge: Zut Alors - Z did it

Happy end of A to Z challenge. Zounds!  I did it and I appreciate everyone who visited this blog. I know I enjoyed our adventure and I discovered some great new reads. It all goes to show that the alphabet offers adventure and we made it to the zenith.

Any kids named Zebra in this world?

Male:
Zebulon (Hebrew) one who is exalted
Zachary (Hebrew) the Lord remembers (this is popular today)
Zador (Hungarian) an ill tempered man
Zale (Greek) strength of the sea
Zane (English)  form of John, God is Gracious
Zeke (English) form of Ezekiel. Strengthened by God
Zephyr (Greek) of the west wind
Zeus (Greek) ruler of the gods (that's quite a name burden)
Zion (Hebrew) from the citadel
Zwi (Scandinavian) resemble a gazelle
Zygmunt (Polish)  victorious protector

Female:
Zafara (Hebrew) one who sings
Zala (Slovene) one who is beautiful, from the river
Zalina (French) of the moon
Zara (Hebrew) day's awakening, princess, lady
Zinnia (Latin) a brilliant, showy flower
Zita (Latin/Spanish) patron of housewives
Ziwa (Swahili) woman of the lake
Zoe (greek) a life giving woman, alive
Zuzena (Basque) one who is correct

Zippy names abound.  Now I have to write their stories. Onward to May.

Thanks everyone!



7 comments:

  1. Yaaay, we did it! I don't want to think about the alphabet for a very long time now, lol

    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making it through the Challenge! I like your Z names. I'm going to have to remember to come back here when I'm looking for names for my next story. :)

    Visiting on behalf of Untethered Realms for the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really interesting names. I like a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zippy...I just thought you might need a pet name to go with Zeke and Zuzena. What great fun your blog has been, and like Christine, I'll be back for names to fit my fake family fotos. Thanks for all your visits and comments.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be that names starting with Z have to have EPIC meanings. The male names anyhow. As for the females, I love the name Zoe, that's got to be the third prettiest name in the history of names.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - we did it! I enjoyed your posts quite a lot! And what a treasure trove of names!

    I like Zachary and Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. We made it! Z! yeah! My final child is Zakariah. ;)

    ReplyDelete