Sunday, April 17, 2011

Plethora of Potential

Ray and I don't miss Fort Worth's Main Street Arts Festival. Despite crazy April winds, artists display their work and bare their souls for throngs of revelers. This year I touched, but did not buy, gorgeous wood pieces. The grains, the rich depth, make my knees weak. Then there's glasswork - I admire glass blowers. Combine heat and vision, color and clarity, and you've got lightning in a bottle. Then there's photography - the magic viewpoint of the artist. Newcomer Clifton Henri captured my heart with his simple snapshots of everyday life. Brenda Benson's illuminated glass glistened. Mimi Damrauer's textile collages invited a second look.
Variety abounded. Jennifer Cavan's paintings had a folk bent. Audrey Heller's photographs were shot with a touch of whimsy. Charles Strain's bronzes were massive in appeal.
Stephanie Swift shoots pictures of buildings, signs, and pieces of history before they disappear. And finally, Firehammer Studios mixed media lends gravitas to our world. If I win the lottery, I'd be a better patron of the arts. At present, I attend the Arts Festival and admire the variety and talent of hundreds of visionaries. Oh, and a juggling act by the Checkerboard Guy was hilarious - fun street entertainment.


Finally, we opted for Jake's Hamburgers. Tasty meal and great service. Fort Worth, Texas knows how to put on a spring show.












No comments:

Post a Comment