Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo World Series

The Rangers being in the World Series eats up a lot of time. I'm truly thrilled and excited that they are in the Big Show, but I'm actually watching baseball on television. Watching - not browsing a magazine, not potentially writing for NaNoWriMo. No, I'm watching every pitch and holding my breath. I have the vapors!

I don't usually include a lot of personal pics in this blog. My emphasis is on writing and the arts, but we got to attend Game 4 on Halloween - October 31st 2010 (thanks to my most generous boss). Rangers in the World Series. Well, they lost, but it was still thrilling and my first chapter will involve attendance at the ballpark. It might be a throwaway chapter, but it's fresh in my mind - the crowds, the sea of red and blue, the absolute chills during the anthem and seeing two former Presidents - George Sr. and George Jr. throwing the first pitch to Nolan Ryan (our hero owner).
My husband, Ray, has been a Ranger fan before they were Rangers. Here he's a total tourist complete with purchased World Series caps. No coupons involved. Full price, baby. We helped the Arlington economy and that's the true American spirit.


Two hours before first pitch and we watched batting practice. The stands were full, the energy over the top, and it wasn't raining or snowing. Halloween and blue skies.




Folks calling out Go Rangers! or Go Giants! united to shout USA! USA!
God Bless America, God Bless baseball, and Hooray for the Rangers season. It gave me something to write about.



1 comment:

  1. I looked for you in the stands, but I guess the camera's missed you. Glad you had fun. Great shot of you and Ray, BTW.

    Your first chapter sounds awesome! Enjoy writing with abandon!!!

    ReplyDelete