Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Write Beyond

I'm still pushing my blizzard pictures, plus we have snowflakes today. So, the February snow theme continues this week. How come the snow in Whistler, BC, Canada looks way cooler? Well, for one thing, they manage to have sunshine combined with snow. Somehow, Texas can't muster both at the same time. Gray and dreary prevails. Thus I don't have decent sun glinting off snow pics. But the detail of snow on my garden curbing is awesome. I'm working up a poem, knee deep in finding a synonym for white.
Where's the eye focus? The fish silhouette? Or the empty space? As a wordsmith, I need to blur the field, change the focus, discover another view or pattern. That's the constant challenge, and just when I hit on something pure, it can melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment