Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Optimism


Olympic spirit prevails in this household and so does a lot of Olympic television hours. I confess I'm not writing much. I'm too busy holding my breath as some youngster flips five ways to Sunday on a snowboard and lives to tell the tale. Vancouver looks like a fabulous city and the scenic views, courtesy of NBC, of Whistler and the mountains is breathtaking.
That very first step into snow as a child is magical. How does one translate that step into a passion and ultimately a gold medal? Hard work. Perseverance. Guts. I can't imagine standing at the top of a ski jump for the very first time.
"At the moment of commitment the entire universe conspires to assist you."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
That and a loud scream.
Cheers to Olympians past, present , and future. Take that step and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment